1. Hi, It’s good to meet you! We are really glad you’re interested in becoming an author with us.
2. Our main goal is for you to have steady passive income by creating what you want, when you want, even from the comfort of your own home. Our authors may have different reason to be on our platform: some of them sell products in their free time as a hobby, some do it to get their name out there, and some are able to make it their full time profession.
3. Becoming an author is easy. You’ll need to agree to ‘Author Terms’ before you can become an author. These govern the relationships, rights and obligations of authors to us and buyers using BjK Production Market Platform. You agree to put your items on BjK Production website and make them available to buyers on the basis in the BjK Production Author Terms.
As an author on the BjK Production Market Platform you have responsibilities to us and buyers of your items. Please take the time to review these Author Terms carefully.
4. When we say ‘you’ in these Author Terms we are referring to you, the author whose details are listed as the BjK Production account holder.
5. Read on for details about your author responsibilities, the process of selling your items on the BjK Production Market Platform and how you can earn money with us.
Becoming An Author
6. Becoming an author is free: Becoming an author and putting your items up on the BjK Production Market Platform is free but there is a review process. There are a few things you warrant in exchange for the right to be an author, which are outlined in these Author Terms.
7. Process to become an author: There are easy steps you follow to sign up as an author, which are outlined on the BjK Production Sign Up Page guide. In our Setup Wizard for artists you’ll find instructions and resources to help you get started along with information about payment, submission requirements and other important information about being an author.
8. What you’re providing:
License: When you ‘sell’ an item, you’re making your item available to buyers and downloaders to use that item under commercial license. Buyers are free to use the item in private projects as well as in commercial projects.
A. Item support: You provide tutorials to support all items. This will be identified on the item page as ‘tutorials included’. Any additional support will be handled by our customer support team (such as answering questions etc). We request additional information from you if needed.
9. The total price for an item on BjK Production is made up of:
a Item price: The item price is made up of a non exclusive license fee and the item support fee (if relevant).
b. Buyer fee: This is the fee buyers pay to BjK Production for the buyer services we provide buyers.
c. Taxes: Some transactions may be subject to tax that may be added to the price.
10. Exclusivity: When you become an author, you are free to retain the ability to sell your items elsewhere. The percentage of revenue you receive from each sale of your item is 45%.
11. Your earnings; author fee: When your item is sold on BjK Production Market Platform, you will earn the item price component which is 45%. The author fee is what you are charged by BjK Production for use of our platform and our marketing services as an author. It is taken out of each sell of your item. The author fee you pay to us is set out in the rates schedule that we can change at our discretion, from time to time. Any changes to these rates will take effect on and from the date on which notice of the variation is posted by us on BjK Production.
12. Setting the prices of items: We will set the price of your items that we feel will be the best profitable for the both of us.
13. Review: Although we always like to provide constructive feedback we’re not obliged to give you any reasons for rejecting your item. We have the final say on whether items are accepted for BjK Production.
14. No Variation: You are not permitted to vary these terms as they apply between you and buyers, or to offer your items on different terms or with additional terms (for example, through your item description pages). Any different or additional terms that you try to impose on BjK Production on your items will have no effect against buyers or BjK Production.
How Do Payments Of Earnings Work
These sections explain how earning an income works on BjK Production and important information about payments to your account, and deductions from your account. Take a close look!
15. We will pay you the item price component of the total price less the author fee (‘your earnings’ or ‘earnings’). In order for us to do this, you authorize us to collect payments, to credit your BjK Production account with your earnings, and to payout your earnings to you.
16. To avoid any confusion, only your earnings from the sale of your items (and referral income under our separate Affiliate Program) will be payable to you.
17. Thresholds: We’ll make payments of your earnings based on certain minimum threshold amounts. For more information contact our support.
18. Earnings payment timing and methods:
a. You ask us to hold the balance of your earnings until they are paid out to you, the BjK Production account holder. You can set up an automatic payment destination which must be owned by you, the BjK Production account holder. Where your earnings reach certain threshold amounts, we make monthly payouts of your earnings to your payment destination.
b. You must provide us with the correct details and payment method when you set your payment destination.
c. We reserve the right to pay your earnings to you, at any time, at our discretion.
d. You may bear some or all expenses incurred by us in paying monies to you.
19. Potential deductions:
a. Payment methods available for buyers to buy your items involve payment agents that have their own standard terms and conditions regarding refunds, chargebacks, fees and unauthorized transactions (which we don’t control). If a BjK Production transaction on an item is subject to payment agents’ refunds, chargeback, fees or unauthorized transactions, we may automatically deduct those amounts from your BjK Production account.
b. You or we may also decide to issue a credit or refund to a buyer in certain circumstances involving issues with your item If that happens, we reserve the right to deduct from your BjK Production account any amount that would otherwise be payable to you.
c. We may offset any amount that we have to pay to anyone else as a result of your breach, against any payments due to you.
d. If you breach any warranty you have made to us we may offset any amount that we have to pay to anyone else as a result of your breach, against any payments due to you.
20. Payment errors: We will continue to hold your earnings if we’re not able to pay your earnings to you for whatever reason, including if:
a. We do not have the correct payment details;
b. We can’t contact you using the contact details that you have supplied;
c. You have not made a request for payment; or
d. You are asking for payment to be made to a person, an institution or a country that we’re legally prohibited from making payments to, or where there are limitations in the banking systems.
21. Currency conversions: Whenever we make a payment to you as an author, you are responsible for all costs of converting the amount of the payment from US dollars into your preferred currency. Your financial institution does the currency conversion and may charge you additional fees (we don’t control either the conversion rates or your financial institution’s fees).
22. Holding earnings: If we decide that an item of yours does not comply with an applicable law or any of our rules or guidelines, including the Author Terms, we can at our discretion disable the item or your membership. We may also hold any earnings on that item or your account for up to a month, and may release those held earnings during that period if we are satisfied that any dispute or issue about your item has been resolved.
24. Taxes that apply to your supplies:
a As an author on BjK Production, you are responsible for paying any taxes that apply (with the exception of VAT in an EU Member State, GST in Australia and in respect of specific “marketplace states” in the United States).
b. BjK will charge, collect and account for:
i.VAT in an EU Member State when a buyer is located in an EU Member State and does not provide a valid EU VAT Identification number. When a buyer is located in an EU Member State and does provide a valid EU VAT Identification Number, it is the buyer’s responsibility to self-account for VAT. It is not your responsibility as an author to account for VAT when a buyer is located in an EU Member State.
c. If required by law, we may deduct or withhold taxes (including withholding tax) in connection with your being an author. If so, we will give you relevant documentation that’s required by law about the deduction or withholding (like documentation allowing you to access rebates or credits, or to manage your tax affairs).
25. Invoices: We will issue invoices (or in some cases tax invoices) for transactions between authors and buyers on BjK Production.
Your Warranties And Responsibilities:
26. As an author you warrant to us and each buyer of your items that:
a. the item is of acceptable quality and fit for the purpose for which it is ‘sold’;
b. the item matches the description given by you on the item preview page, as well as any item preview;
c. you will honor any express warranties given to buyers that are not contained in the BjK Market Terms
d. you have rights necessary to license that item on the terms of the applicable license;
e. the buyer’s use of that item in accordance with the terms of the applicable license does not infringe the intellectual property rights of someone else;
f. the item and its description are not false, inaccurate, misleading, fraudulent, unlawful or defamatory;
g. the item and its description do not violate any applicable law or regulation (including those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, pornography, anti-discrimination, trade practices or fair trading);
h. the item does not contain viruses or other computer codes, files or programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware;
i. where relevant, you have the appropriate model or property release for your item and you can produce a copy of that model or property release when requested by us or a buyer of your item; and
j. you will process a buyer’s information in accordance with applicable privacy law and data protection regulations.
27. If you make your items available on BjK Production for free, then the warranties you make to buyers also apply to anyone who downloads your item from BjK Production. In certain circumstances, we may also allow a buyer to purchase an item for another member, and in this case you also agree that these warranties apply to the member for whom the item is purchased.
28. You give an indemnity (legal protection) to and are liable to each buyer of your items.
29. As an author you warrant to us that:
a. you will not use BjK Production to offer non-BjK Production goods or services to buyers.
b. you will not buy your own items.
c, you will follow any author guidelines provided by us, act in good faith, and provide assistance and co-operation as we reasonably request;
d. information and documentation you give us (like your name and address) is accurate; and
e. if we request any additional information on your item in order to provide extensional customer support to buyers, you will provide us with this information.
30. Buyers’ use of your item: We are not liable for any loss suffered by you as a result of a buyer or any other person making use of your item contrary to BjK Production or the item’s license.
31. Other authors and affiliates’ use of your item: An BjK Production affiliate can use your item thumbnail previews in their promotion of the BjK Production and no compensation is due for these uses. A fellow author may use a watermarked preview of your item in a preview of another item on any BjK Production Company site without requiring your permission and without compensating you. The watermarked item is credited either by providing a link to your item on BjK Production or by otherwise attributing your BjK Production item to you.
32. Our use of your item: We may use the whole or part of your items to promote BjK Production. This promotional use may include use in public relations, emails, on a features page, or on other sites (e.g. social networks). No compensation is payable for these uses.
33. Item removal: We have the right to remove an item for any reason, using our reasonable discretion. For example, we may review the libraries to keep the BjK Production fresh and full of quality items that meet the latest technical standards and market trends. Also, issues about an item might be brought to our attention such as errors, representations, or even violations. Our goal is always to address these situations with you constructively. We also aim to give you notice before an item is removed, but this is not always feasible or possible, so we can’t guarantee this. We will not be responsible for any loss that you may suffer as a result of your item being removed.
34. Relationship between us and you: Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture, employment or agency relationship between you and us. Neither you nor us can act on behalf of the other in any way. However, you appoint us as your limited agent only for these specific purposes:
a member who makes items available for sale on BjK Production.
is what you are charged by BjK Production for use of our platform and services as an author.
the fee for the services buyers get from BjK Production like 24/7 buyer support, fraud protection, item quality control and other related buyers services.
the price a buyer pays for an item as detailed in section 9.
Go forth and author!
We’re very glad you’ve made it to the end of this important document.
We wish you all the very best in selling your items on BjK Production Market Platform!
Effective date: Jan 01, 2021